The other night I open up my bible and started looking at Genesis Chapter 3. As I started to read I began to get excited about what God was speaking into my heart. I decided to go all the way back to the beginning and I’m so glad I did because what God revealed to me not only blew me away, it was something I just couldn’t wait to share with you. I pray that Chapter 2 was a blessing to you, now lets jump into the last chapter Genesis Chapter 3.
1. Not only will Satan put half-truths into your mind if you let him. He’ll also put doubt in your mind causing you to believe that God is trying to with-hold the best from you.
Genesis 3:3-5 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
2. Don’t allow your desires to lead you into sin. That’s exactly what Eve’s desire did to her. It caused her to not only disobey God but it shows by her actions she wasn’t so sure if he had her best interest in mind. Her actions showed that she really didn’t trust him.
Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.
3. Living in sin can cause you to live in fear, have anxiety, be ashamed and cause you to be depressed. We know that do be true because it happened to Adam. The first time being afraid or awareness of fear came when Adam tried to hide from God. Adam learned real quick that when he disobeyed God there was no hiding.
Genesis 3:10-11 10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” 11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” (Just like Adam we can’t hide from God. Adam knew he had done something wrong if he hadn’t he wouldn’t have felt the need to hide.)
4. We should be less concerned about what others say but instead more concerned about what God says or tell us to do. See Adam’s obedience to Eve and disobedience to God got both of them kicked out of the garden.
Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’“Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.
Genesis 3:23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.
5. Even when we let God down he still has compassion for us and still provide for us.
Genesis 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
I’ll end with this verse and statement for you to ponder on.
Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.
Adam and Eve could have eaten any fruit from any tree they wanted except from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. A matter of fact the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil were right by each other. They could have reached out and eaten from it but instead they fell into the trap of Satan’s deception. God had given them the best but his best wasn’t good enough and instead of reaping the benefit of GODS BEST. They were separated and driven away from the best for something they thought was best. Read verse 3:22 again. They were so close they could reach out and take from the tree of life and eat from it. Instead they reached out and ate from the one tree that was forbidden.
NOTHING WE COULD EVER DO FOR OURSELVES COULD EVER BE BETTER THAN WHAT GOD CAN DO FOR US. NOTHING WE COULD EVER GIVE OURSELVES COULD EVER BE BETTER THAN WHAT GOD GIVES US.
GOD KNOWS WHAT’S BEST FOR YOU. DON’T BE DECEIVED!!