The other night I open up my bible and started looking at Genesis Chapter 3. As I started to read I began to get excited about what God was speaking into my heart. I decided to go all the way back to the beginning and I’m so glad I did because what God revealed to me not only blew me away, it was something I just couldn’t wait to share with you. I pray that Chapter 1 was a blessing to you, now lets jump into what God revealed in Genesis Chapter 2.
Here’s what God showed me in chapter 2
- God didn’t rest until he finished the work he set out to do. Genesis 2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. (Is there something you set out to do but didn’t finish? Is there something you started to do but stopped before you completed what-ever it was you set out to do? We learned in chapter 1 that we are made in Gods image and likeness. So if there’s something that’s not complete that we know we need to get done. Lets channel our inner strength and not rest until we finish the work God has spoken into our hearts to complete.)
- Nothing was off limit for Adam and Eve except one thing, can I repeat one thing!! With that being said sometimes God gives us limits not in order to with hold anything from us but only for us to truly trust him. Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Sometimes we’re no different from Adam and Eve. God has given us all we need but when there’s something that we know we can’t have we tend to focus on that more sometimes even doing what-ever we can to get it and in the end it either destroys us or bring us pain.)
- God is always looking out for our best interest. He was already looking out for Adam even before Adam knew he had a need. Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (The bible says in Matthew that your Father knows what you need before you ask him and he proved that with Adam. Is there something you need? Just know God already knows!!)
- Even though God is in control of all things he allows us to be a part of something greater than ourselves just like he did Adam. Genesis 2:19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. (What God allowed Adam to do was something today we still recognize. We can’t mention any animal without Adam having something to do with it. But this wasn’t just limited to Adam. God has allowed us to be apart of advancing his kingdom which is something that if we choose to be apart will not last and out live us just like Adam naming all the animals.)
- God is always working behind the scene for our good even when it doesn’t seem like it. Genesis 2:20-22 But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Things may not being the way you expect the to or it may seem like nothing is going to change. How do we know that to be true? Because Romans 8:28 tells us we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Adam and Eve had a relationship that represented the type of relationship GOD desires to have with us. A relationship based off trust, communication, without shame and with vulnerability. Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. 25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. (This relationship was as intimate as one could be and is the type of relationship God desires from you and me.)
SO YOU SAY WHAT NOW? WELL ACCORDING TO GENESIS CHAPTER TWO.
IT’S TIME FOR US TO STOP RESTING UNTIL WE GET THE JOB DONE, ACCEPT THE THINGS THAT GOD WANT AND DON’T WANT US TO HAVE, EMBRACE THE FACT THAT GOD IS LOOKING TO MEET OUR NEEDS, TAKE PART IN SOMETHING THAT’S EVER LASTING, REMEMBER THAT GOD IS WORKING BEHIND THE SCENES DESIRING FOR US TO BE ONE WITH HIM.